The security and privacy of our customers’ personal and/or business information is of paramount importance to us, and our internal systems and procedures ensure that any personal and/or business data we hold is protected. This policy explains our approach to data protection in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. Under these regulations, we act as Data Controller due to the need for us to collect and retain certain information.
This policy provides information in respect of:
- What personal and/or business information we may collect/hold.
- How and why we collect personal and/or business data.
- How the information we collect is used.
- The procedures we have in place.
- Your rights in relation to the data we collect and hold.
- How to contact us in relation to requests about the data we hold.
What personal and/or business information do we collect:
- As part of our operations, it is necessary for us to collect (and retain) some personal and/or business information from those wishing to access our services or products. Information that it may be necessary for us to collect can include:
- Your name and contact details (telephone numbers/email addresses/postal addresses)
- Financial information including credit reports.
- Your future communication preferences.
Why do we need to collect/hold your personal and/or business information:
The nature of our business and the framework within which we operate means that we collect and hold personal and/or business data because we have a legitimate business interest in doing so. Certain data is required to enable us to perform the duties we are commissioned to perform.
How do we use the personal and/or business Information we hold:
Depending on the services or products you have ordered from us, we will process and retain the personal and/or business information we need to enable us to fully deliver those services or products, or to ensure we remain compliant with any relevant law.
Sharing your personal and/or business information:
The performance of our duties may require us to share your information with other parties in accordance with the needs specified above. Such parties may include:
- Service providers and contractors involved in assisting us to deliver our services
- Credit and Reference Agencies in the performance of our duties.
- Other third parties for the purposes of service information requested by you (with your consent).
Where information is shared with others as outlined above, these organisations will have their own privacy policies and procedures in place which can be requested by you directly.
From time to time we may contact you to ask for feedback on our services and products, and this may be by telephone, email of written correspondence. You can let us know if you do not wish to be contacted in such circumstances and we will amend our records accordingly.
We do not sell or share information with third parties for the purposes of marketing or sales, unless your specific consent has been requested and given in advance.
Should our business be sold or transferred, we will transfer your personal and/or business information to the recipient organisation only in order to ensure that legal compliance is preserved and that they are able to perform their legitimate business.
Retention and disposal of your personal and/or business information:
We will only retain your personal and/or business information in order to enable us to provide services and products to you. Should you at any time wish to request that we remove your personal and /or business information from our records, we will carry this out immediately. You may choose to request that we hold your contact details indefinitely in order to maintain contact about our services and products.
Your rights and information protection:
You have certain rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you and the way in which it is managed by us. These rights include:
- Your information access rights.
You are entitled to receive confirmation of the personal and/or business information we hold and the way in which it is being processed.
- Your right of rectification.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccurate personal and/or business information we hold about you or to provide us with additional information to complete our records to your satisfaction.
- Your right of portability.
You have the right to require us to provide your personal and/or business data in a readable format such that it can be passed to another organisation at your request.
- Your right of erasure.
You have the right to require us to erase any personal and/or business information we hold about you, subject to the following circumstances:
- Our handling of your personal information is not lawful.
- We are required to erase any data in order to comply with the law by which we are bound.
- You object to our use of your information and we cannot provide justifiable reasons to continue handling such information.
- You have withdrawn your consent for us to use your personal information (in the knowledge that we may no longer be able to deliver services or products to you).
- We no longer need to collect or hold your personal and/or business information in order to carry out our duties or to meet legal obligation.
- Your Right to Object.
Should you request that we stop holding or processing your personal and/or business information, we will do so unless we are able to demonstrate a legitimate requirement for us to continue to do so.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights or if you require any additional information in relation to this policy, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is only used by us to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.